Tuesday, November 17, 2009

JUST HAD TO SMILE

Today, both Mya and Noah went to school. It was so nice just knowing I had some time alone. I chose to go grocery shopping--always easier without kids. I walked through the store thinking about the items I passed and choosing which ones I needed or were a good price. It was indeed nice. After filling the cart with what turned out to be more than $250 worth of groceries, I pulled into a check out lane. In front of me was a woman unloading her cart. A little boy, probably 3 years old, sat nicely in her cart. He was trying to help the woman. She called him Noah. I quickly said, "we have a Noah", to which she replied "grandson" or something to that effect. I looked at her and said "No, He's mine." As her jaw dropped, I stroked the hair on my temples and said, "I know, it's the gray hair", meaning that is why she asked. The idea to tell her that our Noah was a Chinese adoptee, quickly went through my mind and was vetoed. It doesn't matter how our Noah came to us, he is ours and YES, I am old enough to be his grandma! Neither Noah, nor I care much about that!

5 viewers thoughts.:

Kim K. said...

I always enjoy your honesty. Keep on smiling!!

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

That's right my friend...it doesn't matter! I get the same comments and I color my gray. lol

I am glad to know that I'm not the only one spending $250 on groceries....no matter how hard I try.

Carrie said...

that is just funny... some people really should keep their mouths shut!

Heather said...

I will never forget the year that Austin drew a photo of my Mom to give as a Christmas gift. He did it on his own, I did not first see it. Mom unwrapped it and there was a drawing of my Mom, his "Mop Mop." She had grey hair, yellow teets and a pretty large bottom! :) Thank God that, like you, my Mom has a good sense of humor. She did, however, schedule to get her hair colored soon after! :) So glad Noah if feeling better! Heather

Heather said...

Oops, I should have said, "yellow teeth." :)