Saturday, December 05, 2009

Nativity Sets

I found this nativity set at, of all places, Menard's. I bought it for two reasons. First, my old one had broken figurines (cat and kids). Secondly, I love the subtleness of the painting -- not so fancy, just lovely.

This set is pretty old but in good shape. The kids set it up in the porch (formal dining room that we converted).

We also have our manger with it's star and streams of lit silver tinsel set up in the living room along with a tree. I thought I was so smart, buying a pre-lit tree but within 24 hours, one strand is dark. Guess that will go back!!! When we get the bugs worked out with the tree, I'll post a picture of the decorated living room.


2 viewers thoughts.:

Kim K. said...

Darling pictures and your blog header is just too precious. Emma was looking at your blog this morning and commented on how cute Noah is and that we needed to adopt a little boy now. Hugs!!

hollym. said...

Sweet pics, Verna!
I like your new nativity scene for it's softness, too.