Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Two Years Ago, Beijing. Today, Florida







As I sit here looking out at a Florida beach, I can't help but reflect on 2 years ago. This is the day we woke up in Beijing. Amazing how time goes by. It seems like Noah has been with us forever. We are just so blessed to have all of our kids--Bigs and Littles. Each came to us as God planned and they are special in their own ways, demonstrating His gifts in them.

You can look back HERE to stroll down memory lane.
( You will have to scroll down to find Feb 16 as this link includes all of Feb 2008. )

The waves are magnificent today. The wind has gotten stronger as the day goes on and the waves have gotten bigger. I wanted to include a video but blogger is not cooperating.

The kids are washing their shells today to get the sand and stink off of them.

Went to a botanical garden. It was nice but I forgot the camera in the car. We did see turtles, an alligator, mallords and other birds and, of course, lots of plants.


4 viewers thoughts.:

Kim K. said...

Happy 2 years and continued to your bigs and littles!!

Kristin said...

What a fun trip! I hope the weather improves a bit so it's warmer. =)

Colleen said...

When I visited the ocean I took a little of the ocean home with me. I put some sand, tiny seashells and some ocean water in a drinking water bottle I had emptied. I still have it today. I labeled it with the date and the name of the beach we had visited. It means nothing to anyone else. But whenever I look at it, roll it around looking for the shells amoungst the sand, I have fond memories of our visit to the ocean.
Just thought I'd mention it - in case you would want an inexpensive souveneer.

Anonymous said...

Love the pic with the kids in their glasses. Haha glad you're enjoying yourselves! It's been in the 30s up here.
-Katie